The Main Benefits of Stainless Steel Reinforcement:
- Structures can be built with a low life-cycle cost (LCC)
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Concrete cover can be reduced
- Stainless Steel Reinforcement has excellent ductility and strength
The main benefits for the use of Stainless Steel Reinforcement is of two-fold.
The LCC of any structure and its Corrosion Resistance, when the two of these are combined we are left with a structure that will stand the test of time and will significantly reduce the cost of any future maintenance.
Certain projects many require a specific grade of Stainless Steel Reinforcement depending on site conditions. Therefore, Coen Steel would always advise consultation well in advance as regards stock availability and turnaround time of material from the steel mill.
Stainless Steel Reinforcement Bar Applications:
- Concrete structures such as bridges, sea walls and tunnels where long-term resistance to salt and other chloride containing environments is required.
- Stainless steel reinforcement may also be needed for its low magnetic properties at Hospitals and Power Stations where magnetic inference would be a major issue.
- Stainless steel reinforcement is normally substituted for carbon reinforcement in cases where parts of the structure are going to experience corrosive elements or conditions.
**Tying wire also available**
For more information on Stainless Steel Reinforcement or to get a quote please contact a member of our team today.